Monday, March 26, 2012

461

My mother and I butt heads more than we should. One of the main issues is because I like to shop. I have a part time job at a tanning salon; I make around 140 dollars a week plus commission. With this money I have to buy groceries every two to three weeks and put gas in my car every week. I am good at always putting money into my checking account, however when I see something I want, I get it. To my mom, this is a problem. She says I need to save more money for when I have to pay for my books for college or if I need it for an emergency. I agree with her sometimes, but then again I disagree. I’m not that high maintenance to where I have to go out and buy Coach purses and UGG boots and other designer brands all the time. In fact most of the time when I shop I have some kind of coupon or discount. I hardly ever buy anything full price. Thanks to my mom, I’ve learned that you can save a lot of money by doing that. To my mom, I feel as if she thinks I’m shopping all the time, but this is not true. I might go shopping here and there or about once a month. Even then, I don’t spend a whole paycheck. My mom has a good point that I need to save up, because I am paying for my own college. However from my point of view I’m only young once, so I’m going to treat myself here and there every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment